Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Another picture I wanted to add. This is a quilt I started last spring at a quilt retreat. It is an Atkinson design, Antique Album from here "Spring Cleaning" book. It had a LOT of small squares that had to be put together for stars, and just about every other lady up at the retreat came by and looked over my shoulder and said, "Oh, what a lot of tiny squares!" like it was a bad thing. I got very annoyed.
But, I kept working on it. I had collected fat quarters for a couple of years from each quilt shop I visited in my travels, all with a purple theme to go in my lilac colored bedroom. (Don't laugh, it is a beautiful calming color for a bedroom.)
Through the months I kept slowly working on it, and finished the top this winter. I handed it off to my dear friend who has her own long arm, who quilted it for me in a loopy, variegated thread.
I finished the binding last weekend, and it now is in the proper place on my bed.
It is the largest quilt I have ever made. I may not work on a large on like this again, or at least not for a long time, but I am proud of this one. I always wanted to make one for our bedroom. I love it.
Now, I have to make pillow shames to match. That's OK, I still have a lot of tiny squares for the stars! Viewed from the pansy pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment